Welcome to the Ultimate NBA 2K24 News Tracker! NBA 2KW is tracking any and all NBA 2K24 news and info leading up to the NBA 2K24 release date. This page will constantly be updated, including: all NBA 2K24 news and rumors, new features, the release date, cover athlete(s), pre-order details, new-gen (Xbox Series X/S, PS5) and last-gen (PS4, Xbox One) details, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, City, Neighborhood and all game modes, gameplay, trailers, videos, screenshots, the soundtrack, and much more!
NBA 2K24 FAQ
Is there going to be an NBA 2K24?
When will NBA 2K24 come out?
For the last few NBA 2K releases, the game has arrived on the first or second Friday of September, so expect something similar for NBA 2K24. If 2K continues that tradition, this would put NBA 2K24's release date on a Friday of either September 1, September 8, or possibly September 15.
Is NBA 2K24 Cross-Platform / Cross-Play?
Cross-platform is one of the most requested features to have in NBA 2K24, but 2K hasn't revealed any information on this as of yet.
What platforms will NBA 2K24 be available on?
Expect NBA 2K24 to be available on Xbox Series X / S, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
When can I pre-order NBA 2K24?
Expect pre-orders and pre-order bonuses for NBA 2K24 to be available in July 2023, if 2K keeps with that traditional timeline.
Where can I buy NBA 2K24?
Once released, expect NBA 2K24 to be available at the official 2K Store, Playstation Store, Microsoft Store, Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, and other outlets.
Who are the NBA 2K24 Cover Athletes?
Cover Athletes will likely be announced around July 2023. Some of the common predictions for NBA 2K24 cover athlete(s) include Jayson Tatum, Nikola Jokic, Joel Embiid, Donovan Mitchell, and Kobe Bryant (Legend Edition).
What are the NBA 2K24 features and game modes?
Expect NBA 2K24 to, at minimum, feature the same game modes that have been a of staple of the NBA 2K series for several years, which include MyCAREER, MyTEAM, The City, Neighborhood, MyNBA, Play Now Online, Blacktop, and more.
What NBA 2K24 editions / versions will be available?
Expect multiple versions of NBA 2K24: Standard Edition, Legend Edition, WNBA Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition, and more.
When is the official NBA 2K24 Trailer?
Expect the official NBA 2K24 Trailer in July 2023
Who are the top rated players in NBA 2K24?
Depending on how the 2022-2023 NBA season plays out in terms of player performances, the top rated players in NBA 2K24 will likely be comparable to the current top players in the game. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Nikola Jokic, Luka Doncic, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry, Joel Embiid, and LeBron James are currently among the top rated players in the game.
Will there be an NBA 2K24 demo?
The last few NBA 2K iterations had no demo, so no demo is expected for NBA 2K24 unless 2K changes course on that.
NBA 2K24 NEWS, RUMORS, & LEAKS
- The Top 10 Rated Players in NBA 2K24 (Predictions) (06/04/23)
- NBA 2K24 to Sponsor 2023 NBA Summer League, Scan Rookies Into Game (06/01/23)
- Will NBA 2K24 Be Crossplay / Cross Platform? (5/26/23)
- NBA 2K24: 'The City' & MyPLAYER Builds Will Return (05/24/23)
- NBA 2K24 Has Officially Been Confirmed (05/24/23)
- 6 Badges That Need to be Eliminated or Revamped for NBA 2K24 (05/07/23)
- 2K: "Victor Wembanyama is Going to Break Our Game" (NBA 2K24) (11/26/22)
- NBA 2K24 FAQ, Release Date, Cover Athlete Predictions (11/06/22)
NBA 2K24 WISHLIST
Add Your NBA 2K24 Ideas here!
Here are some popular ideas for NBA 2K24:
1. Cross-Platform / Cross Play Functionality
Be able to play gamers from other consoles, i.e. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
2. Player Voice
- Be able to customize My Player voice
- Customize the Pitch, Tone, Accent (NYC, southern, surfer, international, etc)
- Voice can be used for: On-the-court talk, Press Conferences, etc.
3. FIBA, Olympics & World Championships Game Mode
- More than just having the rosters, make a new game mode where you can progress through FIBA and Olympic tournaments from past/present/future, build your Olympic roster, etc.
- Complete Olympic & FIBA Rosters
- Could be integrated into MyNBA, MyCAREER, and be a stand-alone mode
4. Highlight Show like 'Sportscenter'
- There's 2KTV, but should also have an in-game highlight show that recaps all the highlights and action from around the league.
- Could be integrated into MyCAREER and MyNBA
5. Add Missing Legends - Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley
- Pay whatever monetary price to get Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley into NBA 2K24
6. Virtual Reality and/or First Person View
- Add a separate game or mode that is in VR mode and add First Person View camera
- Realistic physical movements to simulate playing basketball (i.e. jumpshots, dribble moves, etc.)
7. More Realism, Less Cheese, More Gameplay Testing
- Have modes like Pro-Am and Rec be more "sim", while Park is more "arcade"
- Nerf OP builds, speed boosting, glitchy moves that neutralize Adrenaline Boosts, and unrealistic badges.
- Have Gameplay Devs and game testers get hands-on and test the game throughout the year, especially in multiplayer modes to look for exploits.
8. Better Matchmaking in Rec
- Have matchmaking be fair and go by win% instead of by overall
- Remove bots
- Have a "No Squads" entrance
- Give Pro-Am more incentives so that comp squads prefer Pro-Am
9. Better Season Rewards
- More rewards that affect gameplay rather than cosmetics
- Virtual Currency (VC) as a reward (e.g. 100k VC for reaching Level 40)
10. Less VC Grab & Easier Grind
- VC Prices continue to go up and up to create and customize a MyPLAYER build
- NBA 2K24 should have less grinding, more playing / competing. The grind has taken over as the primary goal instead of squads being able to start competing and building chemistry faster, instead of waiting too long for player builds to get up to par.
- Users will still buy VC because more builds will get created in this scenario
Sound off about NBA 2K24 in the NBA 2K Community here!