The new NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER Builder is finally here! Check out more details below!
- NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER Builder Tool v. 1.0
- NBA 2K23 Best Builds
- NBA 2K23 All Replica Builds
- NBA 2K23 Builds List
New to the NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER Builder
- New ‘Tiers’ for Badges (3)
- Badge Points are unlocked through gameplay and can be used to equip badges once attribute requirements are met. For each category of badges, 10 badge points must be equipped between Tiers 1 & 2 to equip Tier 3 badges.
- Core Badges that are unlocked via completing Core Challenges
- New Badges
- Wingspan does not affect ball control
- Can choose Jumpshot from Builder
- You can make 6’3 SFs, 6’6 PFs, and 6’7 Centers now
- Player builders are nearly identical between new and current gen when it comes to attribute towers. Takeovers and Badge points/costs are very different though.
- This year, the major goals for the Player Builder were refinement, polish, and balance
- You still have complete control to build any type of player you want, but the new builder ensures that all builds, regardless of size or specialty, are fun and balanced.
- The 5v5 environment used last year to test work-in-progress player builds, is also now accompanied by a 3v3 environment.
- Current Gen users are no longer limited by the pie chart build system from the last couple years as it’s been replaced with the more robust Player Builder that New Gen uses.
- Gym Rat Badge (+4 to physicals) and accessory boosts return just like 2K22. But other than that, the caps you set in the builder are what determine your animation unlocks and badges.
- Early will usually favor the bigs. Lots of bricks are gonna go up which means lots of easy boards and putbacks. But once people get some reps in and their ratings/badges up, it’ll even out pretty quick. Slashers should have a good year too.
During the recent NBA 2K Community Day event, special-guest invitees from the 2K Community were able to try out the upcoming NBA 2K23 game for the first time. Brand-new NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER Builder photos emerged from the event on social media and elsewhere. Most of the photos are low quality, which was likely intentional, but obvious from the photos are some of the usual features like player attributes from the Finishing, Shooting, Playmaking, and Defense / Rebounding skill categories, badges, and more.
The content embargo on content creators for the MyPLAYER Builder will be lifted on Sept 6. at 12 pm PT / 3 pm ET. We’ll update this page once more info is made available!
Check out more NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER Builder photos, here: