Welcome to the Ultimate NBA 2K22 News Tracker! NBA 2KW is tracking any and all NBA 2K22 news and info leading up to the game’s release date, with constant updates throughout. Updates include: all NBA 2K22 news and rumors, new features, when NBA 2K22 will come out / official release date, who the cover athlete(s) are, pre-order details, next-gen (Xbox Series X/S, PS5) details, trailers, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, City / Neighborhood and all game modes, gameplay, videos, screenshots, price, wishlist, soundtrack, and more!
"NBA 2K22 Release Date / What day is NBA 2K22 coming out?"
Expect a September 2021 release date for NBA 2K22. Historically, NBA 2K games drop in the first or second week of September. Although next-gen NBA 2K21 came out in November - due to the launch of the PS5 and Xbox Series X/S, we expect 2K to resume their usual release date in September.
"Will there be an NBA 2K22 / Will NBA 2K22 be on PS4, Xbox One?"
With a new generation of consoles out, a common question is will NBA 2K22 still come out for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC? Historically, when a new generation of consoles comes out, the last-gen console will still stay viable for some time. With the unusual shortage of next-gen consoles due to the Covid pandemic, this could mean even more of that, as many gamers stayed on current-gen. So given those dynamics, and the history of how games have transitioned between console generations, we fully expect NBA 2K22 to at minimum be available on Playstation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Xbox Series X/S, and Playstation 5.
"Is NBA 2K22 Cross Platform?"
No word yet as to whether NBA 2K22 is cross-platform or not, although cross-platform ability is one of the most highly requested features from 2K ballers. Stay tuned for updates in the future as more information is made available.
"Will MyCAREER builds and progress carry over from NBA 2K21 to NBA 2K22?"
If 2K Sports keeps with the past, MyCAREER progress will not carry over from NBA 2K21 to NBA 2K22. Although we expect earned VC between current-gen and next-gen version of the same console to be transferrable like it is in NBA 2K21.
"What are the NBA 2K22 Pre-Order Bonuses / When can I preorder NBA 2K22?"
If NBA 2K22 info schedule is like last year, pre-order bonuses info will be available in early July 2021. Pre-order bonuses usually include perks such as extra VC, clothes/gear, and MyTEAM cards. The most popular places to pre-order NBA 2K22 usually are Amazon, Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Gamestop, and the official 2K Store.
"When is the NBA 2K22 Demo?"
The NBA 2K demo typically arrives one to two weeks before the official launch of the game. So look for the NBA 2K22 demo in late August.
"Who is the NBA 2K22 Cover Athlete?"
Many current NBA stars are deserving of the cover, but have already graced an NBA 2K cover in previous years, so we expect a new face from the crop of NBA stars to be on the NBA 2K22 cover. The strongest contenders are Luka Doncic, Nikola Jokic, and Joel Embiid, who are all having MVP-caliber seasons. 2K could also choose an NBA vet like Kawhi Leonard or Bradley Beal, or young stars like Jason Tatum and Devin Booker to be on the cover.
"Who is the highest rated player in NBA 2K22?"
Expect LeBron James to keep holding down the top spot as #1 overall rated player in the NBA 2K franchise. Currently, Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Kawhi Leonard, and Steph Curry trail LeBron by one rating point, all tied at 96 OVR. The 2020-21 NBA playoff performances should be an indicator on who could move up or down, but until LeBron starts showing signs of slowing down, it's his crown to lose.
"How much will NBA 2K22 cost?"
The price of last year's NBA 2K was hiked up from about $60 to around $70 for next-gen. We expect similar prices, with NBA 2K22 current-gen to cost around $60, NBA 2K22 next-gen to cost $70, as well as the Legend Edition to sell for around $100.
(list is in no order)
1. Cross-Platform Functionality
- Be able to play gamers from other consoles, i.e. PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
2. Player Voice
- Be able to customize My Player voice
- Customize the Pitch, Tone, Accent (NYC, southern, surfer, international, etc)
- Voice can be used for: On-the-court talk, Press Conferences, etc.
3. FIBA, Olympics & World Championships Game Mode
- More than just having the rosters, make a new game mode where you can play through FIBA and Olympic tournaments from past/present/future, build your Olympic roster, etc.
- Could be integrated into MyNBA, MyCAREER, and/or be a stand-alone mode
4. Highlight Show like 'Sportscenter'
- There's 2KTV, but should also have an in-game highlight show that recaps all the highlights and action from around the league.
- Could be integrated into MyCAREER and MyNBA
5. Add Missing Legends - Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley
- Pay whatever monetary price to get Reggie Miller and Charles Barkley into NBA 2K22
6. Virtual Reality and/or First Person View
- Add a VR mode and First Person View camera
7. Crack Down on Cheese
- Nerf the over-powered Curry spam dribble, unrealistic gameplay, as welll as unrealistic or over-powered badges like Deep Threes Badge.
8. Remove Bots in Rec
- Let's be honest - this was a terrible idea. Gamers go online (instead of offline MyCAREER) to play multiplayer, not vs bots. Current-gen's "hop in and play" ability is much faster than next-gen's when it comes to Rec.
9. Improve Matchmaking in Rec
- Have the matchmaking be more fair - squads vs squads, randoms vs randoms, while factoring in Rep more.
10. Increase Speed of MyPLAYER Development / Grinding
- The game should have less grinding, more playing / competing. The grind has taken over as the primary goal instead of squads being able to start competing and building chemistry faster, instead of waiting too long for player builds to get up to par.
- Users will still buy VC because more builds will get created in this scenario.
Add and See More NBA 2K21 Ideas here
NBA 2K22 MyCAREER / PRO-AM / THE CITY
NBA 2K22 MyTEAM
NBA 2K22 PLAY NOW ONLINE
NBA 2K22 MyNBA
NBA 2K22 GENERAL
- With 2K's acquisition of HookBang, NBA 2K22 will have additional developers working on the upcoming game.
NBA 2K22 GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
- Rumor: Virtual Reality (VR) may be a NBA 2K22 (or beyond) possibility with 2K's acquisition of HookBang, which, among other things, specializes in VR technology.
- NBA 2K22 Gameplay Director Mike Wang explores possibility of removing Shot Aiming in NBA 2K22
NBA 2K22 PRESENTATION & GRAPHICS
NBA 2K22 VIDEOS
NBA 2K22 SCREENSHOTS
NBA 2K22 PLAYER RATINGS
NBA 2K22 SOUNDTRACK