The first, hands-on gameplay impressions of NBA 2K23 have been revealed from multiple sources who were lucky enough to play an early build of the game at an NBA 2K23 event.
[Also See: NBA 2K23 Official Gameplay Trailer]
Here’s a rundown of what was discovered:
- When you get a green in NBA 2K23, the green animation pops up with a little delay now
- Jumpshot speed felt slower
- Catch and shoot shots had a high success rate
- There is a new Dunk Meter that looks like the new Shot Meter in NBA 2K23, but with a different button layout.
- Post scoring seems to be OP and it’s very easy to green
- Left stick dribbling felt OP
- On ball defense got buffed and you get more bumps now
- Close-outs on defense felt faster
- Defense felt stronger
- Chase down and normal blocks in the paint were toned now if you’re not an elite defender
- Game speed feels slower than NBA 2K22
- Overall the game feels a lot more realistic