Free throws are easy. You stand center to the hoop and get an uncontested shot. In 2K, you need to be able to make free throws for your point total, teammate grade, and VC totals. Here are the best free throw animations to assure you make every shot.
Note: Make your free throw an 80 or above. Anything under that, and it will be very hard to make a free throw, regardless of release.
Best Free Throw Animations in NBA 2K23:
- Ray Allen
- Jeff Hornacek
- Devin Booker
- Stephen Curry
- Kevin Durant
- Michael Jordan
- Richard Hamilton
- John Wall
These are the consensus best free throws in NBA 2K23. Creators and casual players alike have all mentioned these free throw releases as top-tier. If you’re struggling knocking down those free points, try out one of these consensus top animations at the charity stripe.
NBA 2K23: How to Shoot Free Throws
- Hold down the Square button (PS4, PS5) or the X button (Xbox Series X|S, XB1) to activate the FT shot meter. Or you can hold down the Right Stick to activate the FT shot meter.
- As the white meter is going, attempt to release the shot button as close to the black line as possible.
- Look for visual cues while the FT animation is going to consistently release the ball at the same spot.
- The best time to release a free throw is when the ball is jus about to leave the hand.
- Better free throw shooters have larger timing windows than poor shooters.
Article contributed by Anthony Schulte