The fake pass is a useful way to keep the defense honest when they’re overplaying the passing lanes and to try to disrupt their rhythm. Here’s a quick and simple tutorial on how to fake pass in NBA 2K23.
How to Fake Pass in NBA 2K23
- Press Y & B (Xbox)
- Press Triangle + Square (PlayStation)
- Press X + A (Nintendo Switch)
* note: press both buttons simultaneously
NBA 2K23 Fake Pass Tips
- The best situation to fake a pass is when the defense is over-eager in playing the passing lanes
- Good move for throwing off the defense’s rhythm
- The fake pass animation may change slightly depending on where your player is positioned on the court.
- If you see an opponent over-playing your teammate, you can use the fake pass to bait the defender and have your teammate cut in the opposite direction (e.g. baseline cut)