A rolling inbound, also called “walking the dog,” is a type of pass in basketball and NBA 2K23 meant to save or waste time on the game clock. Here’s a quick tutorial on how to do a rolling inbound in NBA 2K23!
How to do a Rolling Inbound in NBA 2K23
- While in control of the inbounder, Hold Y (Xbox) / Triangle (PlayStation)
Why Use a Rolling Inbound?
The reason to do a rolling inbound in basketball is usually to conserve time since the clock and shot clock won’t start until a player touches the ball. It can be used as a tactic to waste time as well, but only during certain moments of the game.
Per the NBA rulebook:
The timing devices shall be stopped:
- During the last minute of the first, second and third periods following a successful field goal attempt.
- During the last two minutes of regulation play and/or last two minutes of over- time(s) following a successful field goal attempt.
So unless it’s in the final minute of the first 3 periods, or final two minutes in the 4th Quarter or OT, the game clock keeps going on a made field goal. Inside the final minute, “the game clock shall be started when the ball is legally touched by any player within the playing area of the court.”
NBA 2K23 Rolling Inbound Gameplay Tips
- Be mindful of how close defenders are or it can result in a steal / turnover
- Be mindful of the game clock