“Is NBA 2K23 Cross Platform?” “Will There be an NBA 2K23 Demo?” Those are just a couple of the multitude of frequently asked questions about NBA 2K23. We’ve compiled a list of NBA 2K23 FAQ that have been circulating throughout the internet for some time, along with the answers, based off of information that has already been released on the game.
GENERAL NBA 2K23 QUESTIONS
- When is the NBA 2K23 Release Date?
- Will NBA 2K23 be on PS4, Xbox One?
- Will NBA 2K23 on PC be Next-Gen / New-Gen?
- Is NBA 2K23 Cross Platform / Cross Play?
- Will MyCAREER Builds & Progress Carry Over from NBA 2K22 to NBA 2K23?
- How Does Cross-gen Access Work for NBA 2K23?
- Will There be an NBA 2K23 Demo? If So, When?
- What is the Download Size & Pre-Load Date for NBA 2K23?
- Who are the NBA 2K23 Cover Athletes?
- Who is the Highest Rated Player in NBA 2K23?
- What are the Different Versions & Price of NBA 2K23?
- What are the NBA 2K23 Pre-Order Bonuses?
- When Can I Pre-Order NBA 2K23?
- Where Can I Pre-Order / Buy NBA 2K23?
- Can you break backboard in NBA 2K23?
- Can you put WNBA players in blacktop?
- How do you submit plays to NBA 2KTV?
NBA 2K23 MyPLAYER / MyCAREER QUESTIONS
- How can I change MyPLAYER height and position?
- My MyPLAYER got deleted?
- What is the best jumpshot to use in NBA 2K23?
- What is the difficulty level in Neighborhood, Park, Rec, Pro-Am on in NBA 2K23?
- Why can’t I upgrade my MyPLAYER anymore?
- How much VC is it to max out a MyPLAYER?
- How does my MyPLAYER get the star icon?
- How do I invite players and receive invites for Pro-Am?
- How and when do you get your shoe deal in MyCAREER?
- How to fix being put into an empty park?
- How do you upgrade your badges from bronze to gold?
- Can you unretire in MyCAREER?
“When is the NBA 2K23 release date?”
The NBA 2K23 release date is Friday, September 9, 2022
“Will NBA 2K23 be on PS4, Xbox One?”
Yes. NBA 2K23 will be available on PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series X|S, as well as PlayStation®4, PlayStation®4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch and Steam for PC.
“Will NBA 2K23 on PC be Next-Gen / New-Gen?”
No. NBA 2K23 Next-Gen will only be for Xbox Series X/S and PS5
“Is NBA 2K23 Cross Platform / Cross Play?”
No. 2K has confirmed that there will not be crossplay between different platforms this year.
“Will MyCAREER Builds & progress carry over from NBA 2K22 to NBA 2K23?”
Unlikely. If 2K Sports keeps with the past, MyCAREER progress will not carry over from NBA 2K22 to NBA 2K23. Although we expect earned VC between current-gen and next-gen version of the same console to be transferrable like it was in last year’s game.
“How does Cross-Gen access work for NBA 2K23?”
Players that purchase the Digital Deluxe, Michael Jordan or Championship Edition will receive both versions of NBA 2K23 across generations of consoles from the same console family (PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S). So, using PlayStation®4 as an example, you will receive the PlayStation®4 version of NBA 2K23 and an accompanying digital copy of the PlayStation®5 version, which remains a separate product. For digital purchases of the Digital Deluxe, Michael Jordan or Championship Edition, the accompanying digital copy will be automatically entitled to your platform account. For physical purchases, a redemption code for the accompanying digital copy will be included in the game box along with the bonus digital content.
“Will there be an NBA 2K23 Demo? If so, when?”
Unlikely. Past NBA 2K demos typically arrived one to two weeks before the official launch of the game, but there was no demo for NBA 2K22, so no demo is expected this year, but this is unconfirmed.
“What is the Download Size & Pre-Load Date for NBA 2K23?”
The download size NBA 2K23 is 152.02 GB (Xbox Series X/S). The pre-load date for NBA 2K23 is Sept. 3 (Xbox Series X/S).
“Who are the NBA 2K23 Cover Athletes?”
- Michael Jordan Named NBA 2K23 Cover Athlete for Jordan Edition & Championship Edition
- Devin Booker is the Standard Edition NBA 2K23 Cover Athlete
- Diana Taurasi and Sue Bird are NBA 2K23’s WNBA Edition Cover Athletes
“Who is the Highest Rated Player in NBA 2K23?”
The highest rated player in NBA 2K23 is Giannis Antetokounmpo at a 97 OVR
“What are the Different Versions & Price of NBA 2K23?”
- NBA 2K23 Standard Edition – $59.99 on last-gen, $69.99 on new-gen
- NBA 2K23 WNBA Edition – $69.99
- NBA 2K23 Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99
- NBA 2K23 Michael Jordan Edition – $99.99
- NBA 2K23 Championship Edition – $149.99
“What are the NBA 2K23 Pre-Order Bonuses?”
All NBA 2K23 Pre-Order Bonuses can be found here
“When Can I Pre-Order NBA 2K23?”
The NBA 2K23 Pre-Order date is July 7, 2022
“Where can I Pre-Order / Buy NBA 2K23?”
“Can you break backboard in NBA 2K23?”
“Can you put WNBA players in blacktop?”
“How do you submit plays to NBA 2KTV?”
Use the #2KTVWOW hashtag on social media to submit highlight plays to NBA 2KTV
“How can I change MyPLAYER height and position?”
You can change MyPLAYER height and position in the first part of the MyPLAYER Builder, but after finalizing a build, you cannot adjust height or position.
“My MyPLAYER got deleted?”
If your MyPLAYER was deleted, check out this guide on how to fix it.
“What is the best jumpshot to use in NBA 2K23?”
Check out this guide for the best jumpshots in NBA 2K23
“What is the difficulty level in Neighborhood, Park, Rec, Pro-Am on in NBA 2K23?”
According to NBA 2K Gameplay Director, Mike Wang, Park, The Stage, Pro-Am have their own slider set, but closest to Hall of Fame difficulty. The Rec is closer to Superstar difficulty. The general difficulty levels are Rookie, Semi-Pro, Pro, All-Star, Superstar, and Hall of Fame.
“Why can’t I upgrade my MyPLAYER anymore?”
This happens because attributes for MyPLAYERS are temporarily “capped” at certain levels. Unlocking more attribute slots can be done by playing the game well and earning enough progress to unlock various attribute caps.
“How much VC is it to max out a MyPLAYER?”
Its about 450k VC to max out your MyPLAYER to 99 OVR, which is $100
“How does my MyPLAYER get the star icon?”
By playing park and collecting your rewards in the reward section
“How do I invite players and receive invites for Pro-Am?”
Under City or Neighborhood tab, click Pro-Am 3v3 or 5v5, then “invites”. Click on send the team info and find people you want to invite, or just find them in the park. You can also find people in park on your in-game phone and invite from there.
“How and when do you get your shoe deal in MyCAREER?”
About 10 games into your career you get a shoe deal depending on how well you’re doing. That deal gets updated throughout the season.
“How to fix being put into an empty park?”
You’re most likely offline. Connect to the 2K servers and try loading in again. Or try going to another location via the subway.
“How do you upgrade your badges from bronze to gold?”
Based on badge points you earn from playing the game and doing certain tasks. Some gold badges are 6 badge points, some only 3. It depends on the badge.
“Can you unretire in MyCAREER?”
Unfortunately you cannot unretire, so choose wisely!