We have brand new NBA 2K18 Gameplay Impressions, derived from a number of NBA 2K18 ballers / influencers who were invited to test out the game. We’ve summarized them below, check out the NBA 2K18 gameplay info! Many good, well-needed additions to the game so far!
- AI improved ball movement, realistic tempo.
- Pressure sensitive passing. Can properly direct your target based on combo of distance, button pressure.
- Errant passes tuned. Will now include low and wide passes
- Less “canimations”, using a “branch system” which allow for far more movement creativity.
- Individual movement sliders to control ballhandler or player without the ball. Works in conjunction with movement system.
- Triple threat moves are insane this year
- Post game has more animations and control
- New Pick and Roll system
- Pump-fake into foul animation has been brought back
- Inbounding is slightly easier
- Brick wall is toned down a lot
- Contact dunks “look amazing”
- Speed boosting is a tiny bit slower than last year, but barely noticeable
- Baseline cheese is 50-50 for turnovers / fouls
- No layup meter
- You can change your shot meter color to yellow, purple, blue, and more
- Defense is fluid, better on-ball defense
- Smarter AI defense on the pick and roll.
- Added contested shot feedback
- New visual of coach communication option that will help you on defense with visual shoutouts (i.e. “switch!”).
- Crowd cheering loud at Little Caesar’s Arena on a and-1 foul
- New rebounding system
- Ref bumping is gone
- HOF badges are in the game and it has the same player card menu as NBA 2K17
- All the franchise improvements in NBA 2K18 will be for Nintendo Switch as well
via Twitter: @MarioHTXX, @DmanUnt2014, @MikeLowe47, @mattbertz