A brand new in-depth developer blog is up over at Operation Sports, with Erick Boenisch, the Senior Producer on NBA 2K16, detailing MyLEAGUE, MyLEAGUE Online, MyGM, and more. Also, a podcast interview with Erick Boenisch is up here.
Here are a few of the notables that stand out:
- Full 30-team leagues that support 1-30 human teams.
- Fully featured Fantasy Draft to kick off the experience with your friends.
- Fully adjustable setup options (season length, MyLEAGUE difficulty sliders, etc.).
- Every Admin Control option you can think of
- Flex Scheduling, play any game at any time.
- Custom Roster support (including new classic teams)
- City selection
- In-depth team branding, in-depth Create an Arena, detailed Create a Jersey
- League realignment
- New Draft Lottery presentation with Deputy Commissioner Mark Tatum
- Revamped NBA Draft presentation
- Revamped staff hiring
- Summer League: the setup in Las Vegas completely mirrors the real-life setup of the actual event.
- 2K Hoops Summit: play a game with the upcoming draft class using USA vs international prospects.
- AI teams are more self-aware than ever. They plan for the now and the future, assess when to leverage their assets, etc. Teams now think, plan, and strategize.
- A new ‘Team Intel’ screen to give the user a better contextual understanding of what teams are doing around the league: if a team is in rebuild mode or not, their trading block, what players they’re targeting, etc.
- More sophisticated AI trade logic, more of a challenge (i.e. no more swindling the CPU, no more loading up on one position for no reason, etc.). Teams do a much better job of looking at their roster post-trade when deciding if they should bite on a trade offer.
- Teams value players very differently. A gem to one team might be a bad fit for another. A player’s trade star-value can change depending on the team.
- Added Player lock
- Long-term owner goals (MyGM)
- New stats, more advanced stats, etc.
- Gameplay Slider Sharing – you can now also save, load, and share your User/CPU sliders for others to download and use.
Pre-order NBA 2K16 here to get the game on Sept 25th, 4 days before everyone else, as well as extra in-game content.