NBA 2K League ‘THE TURN’ tournament tips off July 22 and runs through July 25, with a $260,000 prize pool up for grabs. All 23 NBA 2K League teams will participate in the tournament remotely.
HOW TO WATCH:
All matches will air live on the NBA 2K League’s Twitch channel, in addition to select matches airing live on ESPN’s digital platforms and the NBA 2K League’s YouTube channel and on delay on eGG Network in Southeast Asia. ESPN2 will air matches live on Wednesday, July 22 at 8 p.m. ET and Saturday, July 25 at 3 p.m. ET. The broadcast windows are below:
- Wednesday, July 22: 6 p.m. – 12 a.m. ET
- Thursday, July 23: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET
- Friday, July 24: 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET (Quarterfinals)
- Saturday, July 25: 12:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. ET (Semifinals and Finals)
BIGGEST. PRIZE POOL. EVER! 💰
$260K is up for grabs as THE TURN Powered by @ATT tips off this Wednesday at 6 pm/et!
— NBA2KLeague (@NBA2KLeague) July 20, 2020
Read the full press release below:
All teams will be competing for a prize pool of $260,000. The winner of THE TURN will earn nearly half of the prize pool, with the remainder being awarded to the second- to eighth-place teams (first place – $117,000; second place – $52,000; third and fourth place – $22,100 each; fifth to eighth place – $11,700 each). In addition to prize money, THE TURN powered by AT&T is the second of three in-season tournaments (THE TIPOFF, THE TURN and THE TICKET) in which teams compete for banners that link together to form THE BANNER CHAIN powered by AT&T.
To create even more on-court excitement and introduce an added layer of strategy, the NBA 2K League will implement an “Archetype Ban” concept for THE TURN for the second straight year. An archetype is a preset combination of attributes and skills. Players can choose from five different archetypes per position. More information on NBA 2K League archetypes is available here.
- In the first game of each match during the tournament, each team will determine two archetypes that cannot be used in the match by either team.
- In the second game, each team will select an additional archetype that cannot be used.
- In the third game (if necessary), there will be no additional archetype bans.
- The designated away team will make its selections followed by the designated home team.
- Warriors Gaming Squad won the 2019 edition of THE TURN.
- Remote gameplay will be extended through the end of the regular season and the final in‑season tournament of the season, THE TICKET powered by AT&T (Aug. 13-15).
- Stay tuned for more information on THE TICKET powered by AT&T and the 2020 NBA 2K League Playoffs.
- For the latest news and updates on the NBA 2K League, fans can sign up to receive emails here and follow the NBA 2K League on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch, TikTok and YouTube.
OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT SEEDING
1. Raptors Uprising GC
2. Jazz Gaming
3. Wizards District Gaming
4. Warriors Gaming Squad
5. Kings Guard Gaming
6. Mavs Gaming
7. Hornets Venom GT
8. T-Wolves Gaming
10. Bucks Gaming
11. Grizz Gaming
12. Knicks Gaming
13. Blazer5 Gaming
14. 76ers GC
15. Cavs Legion GC
16. Gen.G Tigers of Shanghai
17. Magic Gaming
18. Hawks Talon GC
19. Heat Check Gaming
20. Pacers Gaming
21. Pistons GT
22. Lakers Gaming
23. Celtics Crossover Gaming