NBA 2K League ‘THE TURN’ (powered by AT&T) Tournament is under way and will run until June 11, with a total prize pool of $250,000 up for grabs. Read on for the full details of ‘THE TURN’ Tournament!
- THE TURN powered by AT&T is a three-week tournament (Tuesday, May 24 – Saturday, June 11) with all 24 NBA 2K League teams participating. For THE TURN tournament group play schedule, click here.
- THE TURN begins with two weeks of remote group play (Tuesday, May 24 – Friday, May 27; Tuesday, May 31 – Friday, June 3) to determine the four teams from each six‑team group that will advance to the round‑of‑16 in-person bracket play at the NBA 2K League Studio in Indianapolis from Wednesday, June 8 – Saturday, June 11.
- The NBA 2K League has two conferences – the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference – each with 12 teams. Each conference was split into two groups for THE TURN, for a total of four groups with six teams per group.
- Each team will play five games in group play, competing against each team in its group once.
- The four teams in each group with the best records will advance to the round of 16. Tiebreakers are detailed below.
- Round‑of‑16 seeding will be determined by records during group play and (if necessary) use of the tiebreakers.
- Matchups in group play will use a single‑game format.
- Matchups in the round‑of-16 will also use a single‑game format.
- Matchups in the quarterfinals through the finals will be played in a best-of-three format.
- The tournament groups are as follows:
- Group A (Western Conference): Blazer5 Gaming, DUX Infinitos, Jazz Gaming, Mavs Gaming, Pacers Gaming, T-Wolves Gaming
- Group B (Western Conference): Bucks Gaming, Cavs Legion GC, Kings Guard Gaming, Lakers Gaming, Pistons GT, Warriors Gaming Squad
- Group C (Eastern Conference): Hawks Talon GC, Heat Check Gaming, Knicks Gaming, Magic Gaming, Nets GC, Wizards District Gaming
- Group D (Eastern Conference): 76ers GC, Celtics Crossover Gaming, Gen.G Tigers of Shanghai, Grizz Gaming, Hornets Venom GT, Raptors Uprising GC
- Tiebreakers are listed below (tiebreakers are based on performance in THE TURN group play only):
- Head-to-Head record (on a per‑game basis)
- Average points differential
- Average points scored
- Random Draw
SCHEDULE & HOW TO WATCH
- Games will begin at 7 p.m. ET May 24 – June 10 and 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, June 11. Fans can watch games live on the NBA 2K League’s Twitch and YouTube channels. Games will also be available on Dash Radio, eGG Network in Southeast Asia, Loco in India, and Sport1 in Europe.
- Full schedule and scores can be found here
- The teams will compete for a total prize pool of $250,000. The prize pool will be awarded as follows:
- First place – $100,000
- Second place – $50,000
- Third and fourth place – $25,000 each
- Fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth place – $12,500 each
- THE TURN powered by AT&T is the second of three in-season 5v5 tournaments (THE TIPOFF, THE TURN and THE TICKET) that are part of THE BANNER CHAIN powered by AT&T.
- Previous winners of THE TURN powered by AT&T:
- 2021 – Hornets Venom GT
- 2020 – Raptors Uprising GC
- 2019 – Warriors Gaming Squad
- 2018 – Blazer5 Gaming
- Following THE TURN, NBA 2K League competition continues with the group play stages of the SWITCH OPEN, which is part of the Coinbase NBA2KL 3v3 BLACKTOP SERIES.