Increases the chances of a player successfully backing down their opponent. Allows players to have more success than normal when backing down a defender in the paint.
Backdown Punisher Badge
For Best Results:
- Combine this Badge with:
- Post Spin Technician Badge
- Unpluckable Badge
- Deep Hooks Badge
- Dropstepper Badge
- Dream Shake Badge
- Builds this Badge is Best Suited for:
- Paint Beast
- Interior Finisher
- Interior Force
- Glass Cleaners
- Post Playmaker
- Attributes to Increase:
- Post Moves
- Gameplay & Playstyle Tips:
- Activate this badge by backing down a defender while in the post / paint area (Hold LT / L2 to post up. Hold RT / R2 + Left Stick toward the defender)
- Target opportunities where there is little to no help defense in the paint
- This is a physical badge that makes it easy to bully ‘finesse’ (weak defensively) big men and players.
- This badge and the Moving Truck badge counter each other
- If effective in the post, anticipate / expect a double team before it arrives, and be ready to find the open man if necessary.
- Simulated games do not count towards earning badges
- Badges have 4 Tiers: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Hall of Fame
- Badge availability depends on the archetype
Name: Backdown Punisher
Description: Increases the chances of a player successfully backing down their opponent. Allows players to have more success than normal when backing down a defender in the paint.
Attribute Requirements: Post Control or Strength 65 (GOLD) 83 (HOF) or OVR 97
Controls: Hold LT / L2 to post up. Hold RT / R2 + Left Stick toward the defender
Skill(s): Offense > Post Offense
Type: Finishing Badge
Notable NBA Players w/This Badge on HOF: Shaquille O’Neal, Patrick Ewing, Zach Randolph (’12-’13 Grizzlies)