The inaugural NBA 2K League season tips off on May 1 with a tip-off tournament. We’ve got the breakdown:
- Teams compete for $1 million in prize money. Teams will be competing for a playoff prize pool of $600,000, with the league champion receiving $300,000.
- 15-week regular season will be 12 weeks of matchups and three weeks of tournaments
- Weekly matchups will be on Fridays and Saturdays
- All 17 teams play a minimum of 19 games, including 14 regular-season games and 3 tournaments.
- Tournament results don’t count toward a team’s 14-game regular-season record, but will be the postseason tiebreaker.
- Regular-season standings will determine playoff seeding. 8 Teams qualify for the playoffs.
- Playoffs begin Aug. 17 and will go for two weeks.
- Quarterfinals are single-elimination, and semifinals and NBA 2K League Finals will each be a best of 3 series.
- The season begins with a $100,000 tip-off tournament, featuring pool play – 4 groups compete over 5 days. The top 2 teams in each group will advance to single-elimination playoff rounds.
Check out the 2018 schedule for the first ever NBA 2K League: